Links to Literacy Pets Book Set
Kaplan Early Learning Company • In Stock • 11413
This book set supports a theme within the Links to Literacy Curriculum. Set includes 11 books and a storage file box.
- Cookie's Week - A charming story about Cookie the cat. With bright watercolor illustrations and one sentence of text per page, children will love following Cookie through the days of the week -- and seeing all the trouble he causes around the house! Paperback. 34 pages.
- Pet Show!- When he can't find his cat to enter in the neighborhood pet show, Archie must do some fast thinking to win a prize. Paperback. 40 pages.
- Harry the Dirty Dog - Harry is a white dog with black spots who loves everything -- except baths. So one day before bath time, Harry runs away. He plays outside all day long, digging and sliding in everything from garden soil to pavement tar. By the time he returns home, Harry is so dirty he looks like a black dog with white spots. His family doesn't even recognize him! Paperback. 32 pages.
- Arthur's Pet Business - Arthur starts his own petsitting business to show Mom and Dad that he can be responsible! But between a boa constrictor, an ant farm, and a group of frogs, he's got his hands full! Can Arthur still prove he can handle a dog of his own? Paperback. 32 pages.
- Today is Monday- String beans, spaghetti, ZOOOOP, roast beef, fresh fish, chicken and ice cream are the delicious fare during the week in this popular children's song. Until Sunday. Then, all the world's children are invited to come together and share in the meal. Celebrated artist Eric Carle brings new energy to these much-loved verses as lively animals parade across the page, munching on favorite dishes, and introducing young readers to the names of the days of the week. Both art and song invite children to join in the procession and sing along. Paperback. 32 pages.
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie- The consequences of giving a cookie to this energetic mouse run the young host ragged, but young readers will come away smiling at the antics that tumble like dominoes through the pages of this delightful picture book. Hardcover. 40 pages.
- Oh the Pets You Can Get!- The Cat and Co. take off to the faraway land of Gerpletz where they know quite a lot about caring for pets -- especially cats, dogs, guinea pigs, birds, and bunnies! From the food, shelter, exercise, and medical care they need to the love and companionship they crave, the Cat teaches beginning readers how to keep their pets (and themselves!) healthy, safe, and happy. Hardcover. 48 pages.
- Biscuit - Woof! Woof! It's time for bed, but Biscuit wants to have a snack, and play, and hear stories. Will he ever go to sleep? A little yellow dog wants ever one more thing before he'll go to sleep. Paperback. 32 pages.
- Swimmy- Deep in the sea there lives a happy school of little fish. Their watery world is full of wonders, but there is also danger, and the little fish are afraid to come out of hiding -- until Swimmy comes along. Swimmy shows his friends how -- with ingenuity and team work -- they can overcome any danger. Paperback. 32 pages.
- Whistle for Willie - This book helps children begin to understand universal similarities and the customs of many cultures. Paperback. 32 pages.
- Have You Seen My Cat?- A little boy worries about his missing cat and travels to different places in search of his pet. The boy encounters numerous feline counterparts as he searches, including lions, leopards, and tigers -- but it isn't until the last page that he finally finds his missing pet! Paperback. 28 pages.