So This Is Normal Too? (2nd Edition)
Age Focus: 3 - 6 years. During the preschool years, children are starting to gain cognitive skills and developing internal controls to regulate their emotions. While some young children may quickly learn these skills, other children may lack interest, find them difficult to perform, or exhibit challenging behaviors. Lags in skill development and challenging behaviors are normal but can still be improved upon. This book will help you identify and set goals for children who need more specific planning and support. Paperback. 256 pages.
- Early learning standard links to common skill lags and challenging behaviors
- Research on brain development
- Ideas for working with dual-language learners
- Information on the impact of stress on children
- A planning form to help you work with families to develop goal statements and a course of action
- Reproducible handouts for parents that include suggestions for skills and behaviors children need to develop to ensure future learning and success