Links to Literacy Farms Book Set (Set of 11)
This book set supports a theme within the Links to Literacy Curriculum. Set includes 11 books and a storage file box.
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar-Follow the progress of a hungry little caterpillar as he eats his way through a varied and very large quantity of food until, full at last, he forms a cocoon around himself and goes to sleep. This board book has die-cut pages that illustrate what the caterpillar ate on successive days. Board book. 13 pages.
- Big Fat Hen- One, two, buckle my shoe. Three, four, shut the door . . . . Nine, ten, big fat hen! Now young children can enjoy a popular nursery rhyme and learn to count, too. Delightful illustrations filled with eggs, chicks, and bugs are sure to tickle little ones for hours of read-aloud fun. Paperback. 32 pages.
- The Cow That Went OINK- This mixed-up barnyard tale of tolerance and friendship teaches kids (and creatures) that it's okay to be different, and sometimes even more fun! A cow that oinks and a pig that moos are ridiculed by the other barnyard animals until each teaches the other a new sound. Paperback. 40 pages.
- Moo Moo, Brown Cow - In this playful picture book, young readers follow a curious kitten into a barnyard, where they are introduced to a host of baby animals and their mothers. As they move from cows to pigs to dogs to geese, children learn about colors and numbers. Board book. 12 pages.
- Barn Dance!- Unable to sleep on the night of a full moon, a young boy follows the sound of music across the fields and finds an unusual barn dance in progress. Paperback. 32 pages.
- Backyard Banter- All the farm animals are where they should be, clucking and mucking, mewing and cooing, except for the missing goose. Paperback. 32 pages.
- Rosie's Walk- Rosie the hen is enjoying a leisurely walk around the farm, but the stroll isn't nearly as pleasant for the fox who is trying -- unsuccessfully -- to navigate the obstacle course Rosie is unknowingly leading him through. Paperback.32 pages.
- Mrs. Wishy-Washy's Farm - Have some good, clean fun as you read this tale about Mrs. Wishy-Washy's mess-loving animals and their adventures in the city. Paperback. 32 pages.
- Big Red Barn- By the big red barn In the great green field, There was a pink pig who was learning to squeal. There were horses and sheep and goats and geese, and a jaunty old scarecrow leaning on his hoe. And they all lived together by the big red barn. Simple, rhythmic text about the cycle of a day on a farm, where a family of animals peacefully plays and sleeps. Board book. 32 pages.
- Sheep In A Jeep - A flock of hapless sheep drive through the country in this rhyming picture book. The bright-colored pencil drawings and lean text make this a great choice for preschool storytimes, as well as for beginning readers who want a funny story. Records the misadventures of a group of sheep that go riding in a jeep. Paperback. 32 pages.
- Three BiIly Goats Gruff- The three goat brothers brave the terrible troll in a colorful version of the classic tale. Paperback. 32 pages.