Links to Literacy Fall Book Set (Set of 13)
This book set supports a theme within the Links to Literacy Curriculum. Set includes 13 books and a storage file box.
- Nuts To You! - It's summer in the city, and a rascally squirrel is up to all sorts of tricks. But when he sneaks inside an apartment window, he'll need one nutty solution to get back out! Paperback. 40 pages.
- The Little Old Lady Who Was Not Afraid of Anything - 0nce upon a time, there was a little old lady who was not afraid of anything! But one autumn night, while walking in the woods, the little old lady heard . . . clomp, clomp, shake, shake, clap, clap. And the little old lady who was not afraid of anything had the scare of her life! Paperback. 32 pages.
- Pumpkin Pumpkin - Jamie plants a pumpkin seed and, after watching it grow, carves it, and saves some seeds to plant in the spring. Paperback. 24 pages.
- The Vanishing Pumpkin - A 700-year-old woman and an 800-year-old-man go searching for the pumpkin someone stole from them. Paperback. 32 pages.
- Every Autumn Comes the Bear - Every autumn a bear shows up behind the farm, and goes through a series of routines before finding a den among the hilltop boulders where he sleeps all winter long. Paperback. 32 pages.
- Going on a Leaf Hunt - There are lots of beautiful fall leaves to find! Three friends have a big adventure hiking over a mountain and through a forest to collect leaves of all kinds and colors. What will they do with all their leaves at the end of the story? Jump and play in them, of course! With easy rhyming text and fun sound effects, children will delight in this rollicking good time. Paperback. 32 pages.
- Red Leaf, Yellow Leaf - Illustrated with watercolor collage and pieces of actual seeds, fabric, wire, and roots gives this innovative book a rich introduction to the life of a tree. A special glossary explains how roots absorb nutrients, what photosynthesis is, how sap circulates, and other facts about trees. Hardcover. 40 pages.
- A Tree is Nice - Trees are beautiful. They fill up the sky. If you have a tree, you can climb up its trunk, roll in its leaves, or hang a swing from one of its limbs. Cows and babies can nap in the shade of a tree. Birds can make nests in the branches. A tree is good to have around. A tree is nice. Paperback. 32 pages.
- The Seasons of Arnold's Apple Tree - This book about nature and the changing seasons focuses on a young boy and a very special apple tree. As the seasons pass, Arnold enjoys a variety of activities as a result of his apple tree. Includes a recipe for apple pie and a description of how an apple cider press works. Paperback. 32 pages.
- Be A Friend to Trees - Trees are a valuable natural resource. People depend on trees for food, and animals depend on trees for food and shelter. But most important, we depend on trees because they add oxygen, a gas we all need, to the air. While trees give us many wonderful products, we must also protect them because we can't live without them. Paperback. 32 pages.
- Why Do Leaves Change Color? - Most children have jumped into piles of leaves or helped their parents rake the yard, and everyone has wondered: Why do leaves change color? Activities that a child can do with leaves and even a list of places known for brilliant fall colors that readers can visit with their families is included. Paperback. 32 pages.
- Apple Picking Time - In the rich, warm colors of autumn, here's a slice of American history as we watch Anna and her extended family help with the town's traditional fall apple harvest. Explore with this book the ways we are alike and different by exploring family identities, values and responsibilities. Paperback. 32 pages.
- Free Fall - When he falls asleep with a book in his arms, a young boy dreams an amazing dream-about dragons, about castles, and about an unchartered, faraway land. And you can come along. A young boy dreams of daring adventures in the company of imaginary creatures inspired by the things surrounding his bed. Paperback. 32 pages.
Express Delivery Surcharge
We add a surcharge for expedited delivery of a few items because of their weight, size or dimensions. This charge is in addition to our base shipping charge for Next Day or Second Day Air.
|The Next Day Delivery Surcharge for this item is:||$42.00|
|The Second Day Delivery Surcharge for this item is:||$0.00|