Links to Literacy Safety Book Set (Set of 12)
This book set supports a theme within the Links to Literacy Curriculum. Set includes 12 books and a storage file box.
- Little Red Riding Hood - After arriving for a visit, Little Red Riding Hood discovers her beloved grandmother looks oddly like the sly wolf she met along the way! Beautifully illustrated, this classic tale will capture children's interest and spark their imagination page after page, encouraging a love of reading that is vital to success in school and life! Paperback. 32 pages.
- Fire Fighters A to Z- Every day, brave firefighters come to our rescue. When the fire alarm sounds, men and women put on their uniforms, slide down the firehouse pole, jump in their big red trucks, and rush to save our lives. From the minute the fire alarm rings, the day of a firefighter is filled with adventure -- and danger. Wherever there is a fire, we can be sure that firefighters will always be there! Paperback. 40 pages.
- I Can Be Safe - This friendly little book acknowledges childrens’ fears and makes them aware of things they need in order to feel safe in different situations. They learn, for instance, to look both ways when crossing a road, to wear special clothing for sports, to know their parents’ names, phone number, and emergency numbers, and many other details. Paperback. 32 pages.
- The Berenstain Bears Learn About Strangers- Papa Bear tells the cubs why they should never talk to strangers, and Sister Bear begins to view all strangers as evil until Mama Bear brings some common sense to the problem. The Bears' rules for safe conduct among strangers are listed on the last pages. This is a good book to start awareness in young children. Paperback. 32 pages.
- Fire! Fire!- The alarm sounds. Fire! Fire! Big trucks roll out of the firehouse and race to the scene. Out come the soft hoses and aerial ladders. Whether the fire is in the city or in the country, on the waterfront or in a deep forest, firefighters are on the scene in moments, ready to attack the blaze. Paperback. 40 pages.
- Officer Buckle and Gloria- The children at Napville Elementary School always ignore Officer Buckle's safety tips, until a police dog named Gloria accompanies him when he gives his safety speeches. Hardcover. 40 pages.
- I Want to Be a Police Officier- This book gives young children a realistic insight into the working day of adults. Easy-to-read captions and color photographs of women and men from different cultures help children understand what's involved in each occupation. Young readers learn to respect the importance of doing a job well and appreciate the contributions these workers make to our life and the world around us. Paperback. 24 pages.
- The Three Bears - Three bears return from a walk and find a little girl asleep in the little wee bear's bed. This familiar nursery tale features a warmly appealing bear family and Goldilocks. Paperback. 32 pages.
- Curious George- Curious George is a young monkey whose enthusiasm for life often mirrors that of a typical preschooler. George's tale begins in Africa, where his curiosity leads to his first encounter with the friendly, but always unnamed, man in the big yellow hat. Captured and adopted by the man, George and he then sail to the United States where the man plans to find him a comfortable home at the city zoo. However, before he can relocate to his new home, George's curiosity is sure to get him into a lot of trouble. Paperback. 64 pages.
- When I Feel Scared - Children often feel afraid. This book, with its comforting words and illustrations, will help children address those fears and learn some new ways to cope with being afraid. First, a little bear describes some of the things that frighten him, like bad dreams or big, tall slides, or when his mother goes away. Sometimes, he just feels scared and doesn't know why! But he learns there are things he can do to make himself feel better. A "Note to Parents and Teachers" reinforces the positive messages in the book. Paperback. 24 pages.
- Watch Out! Around Town- Advice in this book focuses on staying in parents’ sight and avoiding getting lost when in large, busy places like stores and theaters. Children are also instructed to observe safety rules in playgrounds, and to take extra care when encountering adults they don’t know. Clearly written in brief passages that are easy for younger children to absorb and understand. Paperback. 32 pages.
- I Read Signs- Brilliant photographs and drawings, along with a limited use of words, is an excellent way for children to learn shapes and numbers by showing how they are used in our everyday world. Paperback. 32 pages.
Express Delivery Surcharge
We add a surcharge for expedited delivery of a few items because of their weight, size or dimensions. This charge is in addition to our base shipping charge for Next Day or Second Day Air.
|The Next Day Delivery Surcharge for this item is:||$50.00|
|The Second Day Delivery Surcharge for this item is:||$0.00|