Links to Literacy Going to School Book Set (Set of 12)
This book set supports a theme within the Links to Literacy Curriculum. Set includes 12 books and a storage file box.
- Froggy Goes To School -Froggy's mother knows that everyone's nervous on the first day of school. "Not me!" says Froggy, and together they leapfrog to the bus stop. Froggy is nervous about his first day of school, but, even though it's hard to sit still, he has a wonderful time. Paperback. 32 pages.
- The Berenstain Bears Go Back To School- On the first day of the school year, Brother and Sister Bear are nervous and excited. But with tons of new stuff to learn and explore, by the closing bell they can hardly wait for day two! Hardcover. 32 pages.
- Spot Goes To School - Celebrate summer with Spot and his friends in this brand-new lift-the-flap edition! Kids can still lift the flaps and learn with Spot, but now their favorite puppy will be featured in a colorful new design. Paperback. 24 pages.
- Going To School- This series introduces young children, in an amusing and friendly way, to situations they might find themselves in for the first time. Humorous illustrations are full of things for children to look at, learn from and talk about, and the simple text will enable slightly older children to read the books for themselves. All the titles in this series have been completely revised and updated. Paperback. 16 pages.
- It's Hard To Be Five- Learning not to hit? Having to wait your turn? Sitting still? It's definitely hard to be five. Encouraging text and playful illustrations make the struggles of self-control a little bit easier and a lot more fun! Hardcover. 40 pages.
- Will You Come Back For Me?- Four-year old Suki is worried about being left in day care for the first time until her mother reassures her that she loves her and will always return for her. Paperback. 32 pages.
- I Love You All Day Long- Owen's anxious question prompts this heartwarming, comforting tale of how a parent's love stays with a child whether they are together or apart, all day long. Paperback. 32 pages.
- I Love School! - What's your favorite part of the school day? Come along to a warm, friendly world of reading and writing, singing and painting, and all-around fun that will make you want to yell, "I love school!" Paperback. 32 pages.
- Max & Ruby Play School- Ruby wants to teach Max all the wise things a big sister knows, such as the alphabet, numbers, and colors. But first she has to teach him to pay attention. Paperback. 32 pages.
- Chrysanthemum - She was a perfect baby, and she had a perfect name. Chrysanthemum. When she was old enough to appreciate it, Chrysanthemum loved her name. And then she started school. "I'm named after my grandmother," said Victoria. "You're named after a flower." Chrysanthemum wilted. Life at school didn't improve. In fact, it got worse. Then the students were introduced to their music teacher, Mrs. Twinkle. Mrs. Delphinium Twinkle. And suddenly, Chrysanthemum blossomed. Paperback. 32 pages.
- Will I Have A Friend?- When Pa was taking Jim to school for the first time, Jim said, "Will I have a friend at school?" "I think you will," said Pa. But even his father's gentle reassurance doesn't make Jim feel any better. The other children in kindergarten are scary strangers to him. He's sure that he'll never find a friend...until naptime, when he discovers someone who feels the way he does. Paperback. 32 pages.
- Dr. Seuss ABC Book- This Dr Seuss classic uses colorful illustrations to provide a fun way to teach children the alphabet and sounds. Hardcover. 72 pages.