The Learning Accomplishment Profile Third Edition
The Learning Accomplishment Profile - Third Edition (LAP-3) is a criterion-referenced assessment instrument for the 36-72 month age range, measuring development in the domains of gross motor, fine motor, pre-writing, cognitive, language, self-help, and social/emotional. It is a re-examination of the contents and organization of the LAP-R which incorporates recent research, especially related to language and literacy and assimilates recent changes in the general population of young children. Its on-going observation format allows teachers and/or clinicians to record a child's progress and introduce appropriate activities to support acquired and emerging skills.
- Replaces the LAP-R as an on-going assessment that meets Head Start performance standards
- Building on 35 years of research and knowledge
- Incorporates most recent findings in early childhood practices (most recent research in 2003)
- Covers 7 domains - Gross Motor, Fine Motor, Pre-writing, Cognitive, Language, Self-Help and Personal/Social
- Measures progress in children 36-72 months of age
- Technology that features Palm Pilots and CD-ROM/Web scoring
Chapel Hill Training Outreach
Chapel Hill Training Outreach (CHTOP) was established in 1969 with funding from the Federal government as part of our nation's earliest attempts to provide educational services to young children with disabilities. Under the direction of Anne R. Sanford, who was the founder of CHTOP, the strategies and materials developed by CHTOP during these early years became known as the Chapel Hill Model. The Model included assessment instruments, curricula, and strategies for parent involvement and family-centered programming. In 1983, the Chapel Hill Model was validated unanimously for "exemplary program status" by the U.S. Department of Education's Joint Dissemination Review Panel (JDRP). Recently the Chapel Hill Model was renamed The LAP System.
Mike Mathers has been director of CHTOP since Anne Sanford retired in 1990. "One of the favorite things about my job," Mike says, "is that sometimes I get to travel to exotic places and train on early childhood." In this photo, Mike is leading a group of elementary school principals in Islamabad, Pakistan
Learning Accomplishment Profile-Third Edition (LAP-3)
This training offers basic instruction on the correct administration, scoring, and interpretation of results for the Learning Accomplishment Profile, 3rd edition. Participants will receive training necessary to use the assessment as an instructional tool. During this training, participants will:
- Learn consistent standards and procedures for administering the specified LAP instrumen
- Receive training to correctly complete all the information on a LAP Scoring Booklet
- Be given opportunities for hands-on experiences with the selected LAP instrument and experience with administration, scoring, and instructional planning based on assessment results
- Become familiar with the interpretation of the LAP scores and their use in individualizing instruction and evaluation of program effectiveness
The Participant will:
- Describe the role of the LAP-3 within a comprehensive assessment program.
- Explore the contents of an LAP-3 kit.
- Practice the procedures for calculating chronological age and identifying a starting point for each of the seven domains that the instrument measures.
- Practice establishing a basal and a ceiling for each domain of the instrument.
- Complete the LAP-3 Profile using results.
- Describe how to use the results to inform planning for children.
- [Optional] Administer at least one domain to another participant, correctly calculating chronological age, locating a starting point, establishing a basal and a ceiling, completing the LAP-3 Profile based upon information presented during the session.
For more information on this or other KAPLAN professional development options, please contact us at 800.334.2014, ext 3252 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Express Delivery Surcharge
We add a surcharge for expedited delivery of a few items because of their weight, size or dimensions. This charge is in addition to our base shipping charge for Next Day or Second Day Air.
|The Next Day Delivery Surcharge for this item is:||$26.00|
|The Second Day Delivery Surcharge for this item is:||$0.00|